29 April 2017
The 2017 Wenhui Award, Innovations in the Professional Development of Teachers, has opened calls for nominations of teachers and institutions who were able to demonstrate the professional development.The award serves to improve the quality of education and training, especially to those most in need. It promotes learning as well as innovation and growth of cultures and individuals.
The award serves to improve the quality of education and training, especially to those most in need. It promotes learning as well as innovation and growth of cultures and individuals.
The Wenhui Award for Educational Innovation is established by the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, and coordinated by UNESCO Bangkok.
Two individuals or institutions from the Asia and Pacific region will be selected by a jury of distinguished educators. The winners will receive a Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000. Certificates of Merit may also be awarded to individuals or institutions that have demonstrated commendable innovative practices.
Who is eligible for the Award?
Individuals or institutions from UNESCO Member States in Asia and the Pacific region that have designed and implemented significant educational innovations in the professional development of teachers will be eligible for the Award.
To qualify for nomination for the 2017 Wenhui Award, the candidates shall possess the following qualifications or attributes:
- have demonstrated their ability in developing practices that have contributed to the professional development for teachers;
- have verified the positive impact of their innovative practices in bringing about noticeable changes in teachers, enabling them to nurture their learners to contribute towards peaceful, just and sustainable world;
- have proven their commitment in promoting and supporting the principles of inclusive and lifelong quality learning for all;
- have established that their innovative practices are current and relevant to the educational issues of the 21st century.
How to apply for the Award?
The Award organizers are calling for nominations from governments, educational institutions, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and individuals in Asia and Pacific countries following the procedure below.
- Nominations shall be submitted to the Award Secretariat at UNESCO Bangkok through the National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO Offices and other organizations associated with UNESCO, using an official Award Application Form available online at http://www.unescobkk.org/ru/education/apeid/wenhuiaward/2017;
- Each nomination must be accompanied by the following attachments: - description of the candidate’s/institution’s background and achievements (1 page, A4 size, in English);
- All nominations must reach the Award Secretariat by 21 July 2017. Please check with your nomination agency on the status of your submission.
- For list of UNESCO offices, see http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.phpURL_ID=34016&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html.
- For list of National Commissions for UNESCO in the Asia-Pacific region, see http://www.unesco.org/ncp/index.php?lc=E®ion=3&module=national_commissions&web.
- summary of work, publications and other relevant documents of major importance (maximum of 4 pages, A4 size, in English);
- evidence to support the nomination of the candidate (may be in English or local language);
- letter(s) of recommendation (in English or local languages);
- consent form for use and distribution of materials.
Closing date for nominations: 21 July 2017
Announcement of winners: End of September 2017
Award ceremony: To be confirmed
More information is available in the Wenhui Award Brochure. You can download the Application Form and Consent Form from the Award website: http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/wenhuiaward/2017 .
For further information, please contact:
Wenhui Award Secretariat
920 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 391-0577
Fax: (66-2) 391-0866
Website: WENHUI AWARD FOR EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION 2017