20 November 2018
On 22 November 2018 the Forum will be held at the Ritz-Carlton Almaty Hotel, co-organized by the International Center for the Rapprochement of Cultures under the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan (ICRC)and UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty.
The Cultural Forum "Dialogue of Cultures of the Peoples of Central Asia" will be held in collaboration with outstanding scientists, writers, historians, young leaders and experts from Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
This project is carried out within the framework of the state national program “Rukhani Zhangyru” and the International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022) and aimed at strengthening the cooperation between scientists of Central Asia, further development and preservation of general cultural and historical values in the context of intercultural dialogue.
One of the most important topics to be discussed at the Forum will be about the elimination of the generation gap among the peoples of Central Asia. This issue becomes increasingly important in the modern world. And in this regard, young scientists and active leaders from the region will be given the opportunity to present their views and vision of continuing the traditions and preserving the cultural heritage of the Great Silk Roads.
At the end of the Festival "Dialogue of Cultures of the Peoples of Central Asia", participants will be able to attend an evening gala concert of ethnic music with the participation of professional groups and pop stars.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the project is to promote intercultural dialogue in the region and to strengthen relations among the peoples of Central Asia based on respect, tolerance and universal human rights.
ICRC sets the following objectives to achieve within this project:
• strengthening all-round ties between countries and peoples of the Central Asian region;
• preservation of common cultural and common historical values in the context of the development of intercultural dialogue and harmonization of ethno-cultural relationships, which are key to the proximity of the history and spirituality of the peoples of Central Asia;
• addressing major pressing global challenges through intercultural and interreligious dialogue in the interests of mutual understanding and cooperation for peace;
• identifying problems and barriers to determine the concrete solutions in order to create more peaceful and inclusive societies;
• to demonstrate the importance of the concept of the convergence of cultures for the development of peace and harmony in the region.
For programme of the Forum please follow the related link Finalized agenda of the Cultural Forum 22 Nov.pdf .